Chiropractic Care for an Auto Accident Injury
Getting into a car accident can be painful. Aches and pains can show up months later and it can be difficult to find relief. Here at Proficient Chiropractic, we know all about chiropractic care for an auto accident injury. We serve the St. Louis, MO, and Overland, MO, areas.
Chiropractic Care after a Car Collision
After a collision, chiropractic care is frequently advised as it might assist with the re-establishment of spinal alignment following whiplash or other accident-related injuries. If you have been in a vehicle accident recently and are suffering due to your injuries, chiropractic therapy might be of assistance. Here are five advantages that visiting a chiropractor may provide you if you've been in a car accident.
1. Reduce Inflammation: Inflammation is a typical result of physical harm. While some amount of inflammation is acceptable and indicates your body's attempts to heal itself, too much can be harmful to your tissues and cause discomfort. When a chiropractor adjusts your spine to correct the spinal cord, your body may limit inflammatory production as a result of this, which can reduce inflammation in your body and pain.
2. Reduce Suffering: You can potentially reduce pain all over your body after receiving chiropractic adjustments following a vehicle accident. Your body can release pain-relieving hormones following spinal treatments provided by a chiropractor.
3. Flexibility: Flexibility is often lost after an injury to the spine or back, allowing you to move your body in a limited way. Misalignment of the bones in the spine, scar tissue, and/or inflammation can all cause loss of flexibility. By straightening your spine and correcting the joints' alignment, a chiropractic adjustment might restore range of motion.
4. Reduce Scar Tissue Formation: Scar tissue is a natural consequence of a vehicle accident. Collagen is used by the body to repair damaged muscles and tendons, so it naturally grows in the form of scar tissue when tissues are harmed. Unfortunately, damaged scar tissue can cause persistent pain and stiffness. In many situations, the tissue will mend on its own and function normally. A chiropractor, on the other hand, may utilize specialized methods to break up scar tissue and speed up the healing of an injury.
5. Helps Prevent Surgery: Most patients would prefer to avoid surgery if possible, following a vehicle accident. However, if you put off treating your injuries for too long, an operation may be your only choice. Chiropractic adjustments do not require surgical treatment and instead realign the spine without invasive methods. You may decrease your chances of needing surgery in the future if you get chiropractic care right after your accident.
Chiropractors utilize a variety of therapies and methods to realign individual vertebrae and help restore joint mobility after a vehicle accident. Spinal manipulation and other chiropractic treatments assist with pain reduction, increased range of motion, and reduced scar tissue.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have been in an auto accident and want relief from aches and pains, call us at (314) 447-0725 Proficient Chiropractic serving the St. Louis, MO, and Overland, MO, areas.