Neuropathy is a serious condition that can greatly impact your quality of life. It causes debilitating nerve pain, tingling, or numbing sensations. Fortunately, there are treatments available that can help you manage your symptoms and improve your overall health. One of these treatments is chiropractic care.
Do you suspect you have neuropathy? Our neurological chiropractor at Proficient Chiropractic in St. Louis city is available to conduct an evaluation to determine whether you have this condition. If you have it, we can provide you with the appropriate chiropractic care to help you manage your symptoms and improve your quality of life.
What Is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy is a condition that occurs when the nerves in other parts of the body apart from the spinal cord and brain are damaged. It can cause a wide range of symptoms, including pain, tingling, numbness, and weakness. Neuropathy can occur in any part of the body apart from the spinal cord and brain, but it is most common in the hands, feet, arms, and legs. There are different types of neuropathy, and the classification depends on the cause and symptoms.
What Causes Neuropathy?
There are many different causes of neuropathy, including:
- Viral infections
- Autoimmune diseases
- Toxic exposures
- Kidney disease
Symptoms of Neuropathy
The symptoms of neuropathy vary depending on the type of neuropathy you have. However, some common symptoms include:
- Numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, arms, or legs
- Chronic Pain
- Burning sensation
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Headaches and migraines
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal heart rate
- Cold feet and hands
- Sensitivity to touch
Chiropractic Care for Neuropathy Treatment
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for neuropathy. The chosen treatment plan will depend on the type of neuropathy you have and the cause. Each treatment plan starts with a chiropractic examination to determine the extent of nerve damage. Our neurological chiropractor may also need to take a medical history to help identify the cause of your neuropathy.
Note that if the underlying cause is not treated, the neuropathy will likely continue to worsen. That's why chiropractic care seeks to address the underlying cause of the neuropathy instead of just the symptoms.
Once the cause is identified, our chiropractor will develop a treatment plan that may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Adjustments help to restore proper alignment of the spine and improve nerve function.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help improve strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy can help improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture can help relieve pain and improve nerve function.
- Electrical stimulation: Electrical stimulation uses low-level electrical current to stimulate the nerves and improve nerve function.
- Spinal decompression: Spinal decompression uses a device to gently stretch the spine and relieve pressure on the nerves.
- Diet and lifestyle changes: Making dietary and lifestyle changes can help improve nerve function and overall health.
Visit Proficient Chiropractic in St. Louis city for Neuropathy Treatment
If you are experiencing symptoms of neuropathy, our neurological chiropractor at Proficient Chiropractic in St. Louis city can help. We offer a variety of treatments that can help improve your quality of life. Contact us at (314) 447-0725 today to schedule an evaluation.