Headaches have a variety of causes, and treating the root cause of headaches can be difficult. With the help of a trained chiropractor at Proficient Chiropractic in Overland, MO, you can find relief fast. At Proficient Chiropractic, we make it our mission to help our clients find relief from headaches and other pain that can make life difficult. If you've been suffering from headaches, it might be time to see a chiropractor.
What Causes Headaches?
Some of the most common causes of headaches include:
- Muscle tension and stress, especially in the upper back muscles
- Poor posture, especially if sitting at a computer all day
- Digital eye strain
- Cervical neuralgia, which is inflammation of the muscles surrounding the optic nerve
- Spinal misalignment, that can put pressure on surrounding nerves and cause headaches
Although headaches are common, this doesn't make them any easier to deal with. If you're suffering from severe headaches with no end in sight, our chiropractor can help determine the root cause of your pain.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor will conduct a series of physical exams, imaging tests, and questions about your medical history to determine what is causing your headaches. We might ask the severity of your headache and whether or not any sort of activity affects your pain. After the root cause of your headaches has been determined, our chiropractor will create a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. Your treatment plan may include:
- Spinal decompression to help alleviate pinched nerves along the spine that can cause headaches and other issues like sciatica
- Manual adjustments to align the spine and take pressure off your neck and improve your posture
- Corrective exercises to reduce inflammation and headaches caused by cervical neuralgia
- Lifestyle advice such as reducing stress to reduce the occurrence of headaches
Find Relief From Headaches Today in Overland, MO
You don't have to live with headaches and debilitating migraines forever. At Proficient Chiropractic in Overland, MO, we will provide you with the best chiropractic care so you can start to feel better again and live free of pain. Call us today at (314) 447-0725 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.